Receptionist – Position Description and Requirements
Foster Dykema Cabot, a registered investment advisor, provides wealth management services to affluent individuals and families. We seek to hire a receptionist to provide a high-level of customer to clients both in person and on the phone as well as administrative support to the office. This individual will play an important role in the firm’s daily administrative operations.
The position requires superior customer service, professionalism, maturity and compassion as well as excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently. The individual must be extremely professional in appearance and manner and possess the willingness to take initiative, work in collaboration with others and assume additional responsibilities.
- Act as the point of contact for all calls. Facilitate client requests to the appropriate individual and have the ability to tactfully deter sales calls.
- Receive and greet clients and provide a comfortable and welcoming environment.
- Understand FDC’s services and learn the client family relationships and individual client nuances to provide personalized service and attention.
- Ensure the appearance (order and cleanliness) of the office.
- Coordinate the firm’s shared Calendar and meeting arrangements.
- Manage and maintain the firm’s client files. Includes onsite, offsite and electronic retention.
- Sort, distribute and process the mail including deliveries and overnight shipments.
- Assist in the printing and binding of client presentations.
- Manage and maintain the firm’s inventory of office supplies, including business cards, stationery, presentation materials, paper goods and toner.
- Responsible for ensuring office equipment including: copiers, printers, binding machine and water filtration is maintained under service agreements.
- Participate in quarterly reporting process, including preparation of client letters and appraisals, assembly of client packages, and proofing of materials.
- Support the firm’s president as necessary.
- Work on Special Projects including client account reconciliation.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required. Knowledge of Advent products is a plus.